Candied Acorn Squash
Make and share this sweet, buttery candied acorn squash recipe, everyone will be so happy you did. It's DELICIOUS!
- 2 acorn squashes, cut in half and seeded
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each, freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon
- Splash dark rum, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from rachaelrayshow.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Rub the inside of the squashes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan cut-side down.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft.
While the squash bake, prepare the brown sugar mixture.
In a small pot, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and spices over low heat.
Heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
Add the rum, if using.
When the squash halves are ready, flip them over and drizzle the brown sugar mixture on the inside cavity.
Place the pan in the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until brown and bubbling.
You'll also love
- French Hamburgers 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Eggplant and Zucchini Parmesan 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Chili Squash Boats 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon & Corn Casserole 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Acorn squash quick bread 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout,... 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Chilled Summer Squash Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)