Caramel Apple Pie
Most Delicious Apple Pie.
- 1/3 cp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 lbs. cooking apples cored and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices (about 12 cps)
- 1 15 oz. pkg. rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crusts (2)
- 1/2 cp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 12oz. jar caramel ice cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 475. In a very large bowl combine butter and cinnamon, add apples and toss gently to coat. Spread apple slices evenly on
2-15x10x1 inch parchment lined baking pans or a foil lined large roasting pan. Roast (one pan at a time if using baking pans) 7 to 10 min. or until apples start to brown on edges, turning once halfway through. Cool apples in pans. Reduce heat to 375.
2. Let pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions. Line 9 inch pie plate with 1 pie crusts as directed.
3. In a very large bowl stir together brown sugar, flour, and salt. Add apple slices and any juices, stir to coat. Transfer to pastry lined pie plate. Cut slits on top crust for steam to escape. Place top crust over fruit filling. Folt top crust under bottom crust. Crimp edge as desired . Brust top crust with mixture of beaten egg and water. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
4. Place pie on middle shelf in oven, position foil lined baking sheet on rack beneath pie. Bake 30 minutes, remove foil from pie edges. Bake 35 to 40 minutes more or until top is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove to wire rack. While warm, drizzle wth some of the caramel topping. Cool completely.