- 2 turkey breast cutlets - (abt 4 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup flour seasoned with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and also with
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs left out to dry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley for garnish
- 2 teaspoons drained capers for garnish
- 2 lemon wedges for garnish
Tear 4 sheets of plastic wrap. Put each cutlet between 2 sheets. Gently pound cutlet from center to edges until uniformly 1/4-inch thick.
Put seasoned flour on 1 sheet waxed paper, bread crumbs on another and egg in shallow pie dish. Dip each cutlet into flour, beaten egg and then bread crumbs, coating cutlet evenly. Arrange cutlets on wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate 30 minutes for coating to adhere and dry out slightly.
Before cooking, generously season both sides cutlets with salt and pepper.
Heat oil and butter in 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, saute cutlets until well-browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and brown other side, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve hot garnished with parsley, capers and lemon wedges. Good accompaniments are spaetzle, tiny German dumplings or buttered noodles along with garlicky spinach or sauteed red cabbage.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Each serving: 302 calories; 932 mg sodium; 175 mg cholesterol; 16 grams fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 26 grams protein; 0.20 gram fiber.