Crockpot Beef Stew
Warm and comforting, this beef stew is made in your crockpot. Cooking all day makes the meat tender and a tasty gravy.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast - cut into 2" cubes
- 1 package baby carrots
- 3 small parsnips - peeled and cut into pieces
- 8 small yukon potatoes halved
- 10 frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup steak sauce, like A-1
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 package onion or onion/mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 About 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mix steak sauce, soup mix and broth in bottom of crockpot.
Take meat sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper. Place in hot pan and brown on all sides. Transfer to crockpot. Place rest of the vegetables in crockpot . Stir to combine and cover.
30 minutes before serving stir in frozen peas.
Cook on low for 8-9 hours or start on high for 2 hours then lower temp for 5 more.