Slow Cooker Boneless Beef Chuck Short Ribs
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck short ribs, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, or to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (with no high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
Using paper towels, pat ribs dry. Season both sides with salt, pepper, ancho chile powder, and smoked paprika. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large dutch oven until hot. Brown ribs on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Place ribs in bottom of a 6 to 7 quart slow cooker.
Using same pot ribs were browned in, add diced onion and cook over medium-high heat until tender-crisp and lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Spread cooked onions on top of ribs.
In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, chili-garlic sauce, vinegar, sweetener and beef stock and mix well. Pour over top of ribs. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.