Mini Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf Cupcakes
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground chicken breast (or dark meat)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 16 small mozzarella cubes, cut from a block
- 2 cups Muir Glen marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the panko, half of the Parmesan cheese, and the olive oil. Using your fingers, combine the mixture until it's evenly coated. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg. Then add the chicken, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, the remaining Parmesan, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
4. Lightly coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a couple of tablespoons of the chicken mixture in each well. Nestle a cube of mozzarella in the center of the mixture. Pat the chicken over the cheese to completely cover it.
5. Sprinkle the panko/Parmesan mixture on top of each chicken mound, lightly pressing it into the meat.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the panko is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. If needed, you may broil the panko to further brown it.
7. Let rest 5 minutes. Then using a knife, lightly loosen each cupcake from the muffin tin.
8. In the meantime, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan.
9. Serve meatloaf cupcakes with warmed marinara.