This Cornbread Dressing pairs perfectly with turkey, gravy, and all the usual holiday sides that everyone craves. Make this recipe for your friends and loved ones at your next holiday gathering and watch as they scarf it up, because it is so good. This recipe utilizes turkey necks to add an extra turkey flavored element ensuring that this dish bursts with natural turkey flavor in every bite.
- 1 (8x8 pan) of baked cornbread
- Six large biscuits, 1 day old
- Five or six cooked turkey necks
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Combine turkey necks with four cups of water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 30 minutes or until done. Allow to cool, remove the meat, and save the broth.
In a frying pan, sauté the onions and celery in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender, but not brown.
Finely crumble the cornbread and the biscuits in a large bowl. Add the cooked turkey neck meat, sautéed onions and celery, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper to the mixture, and stir until combined. Moisten crumb mixture with reserved broth from the turkey necks until desired consistency.
Evenly spread into the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350°F until top turns a golden brown and edges are crispy, this should take about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm with turkey gravy.
You'll also love
- Pecan Crusted Tilapia #2 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Shrimp and Olives 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Eggplant Jambalaya 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork & Pinto Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini & Goat Cheese Crustless... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Red Texas Chili 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi Ravioli with Lemon... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sugar-Free Frozen Eggnog 4.8/5 (5 Votes)