Key Lime Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Yield: 16 bars
Chocolate chip cookie bars with a Key Lime cheesecake layer in the center.
- For the Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. colored sprinkles
- For the Cheesecake:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. key lime juice
- 2 tbsp. flour
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from insidebrucrewlife.com
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, shortening, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
Add the eggs one at a time while slowly beating.
Mix together the baking soda, salt, and flour, and add a little bit at a time to the butter mixture until it is all incorporated.
Stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles by hand.
Press half the batter into a greased 8 inch baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, flour, and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and the lime juice and beat until creamy.
Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the dough in the pan.
Crumble the rest of the cookie batter over the cheesecake.
Bake at 350* for 40 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack.
Refrigerate to set up.
Keep any leftovers refrigerated.
Cut into 16 squares.
You'll also love
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato Bisquick biscuits 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Oat-Coconut Smoothie 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Banana Bread 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Pie Martini 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Crepes 4.3/5 (12 Votes)