Sweet & Spicy Sugarcane Shrimp
- 1 1/4 pound Hawaiian white sugarcane shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- freshly squeezed juice from one orange
Combine cinnamon, black pepper, salt, cayenne, brown sugar and mustard; mix well.
Coat the shrimp with the spice mixture. Place the shrimp and any remaining spice mixture in a plastic bag or covered bowl. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 24 hours.
Preheat broiler or grill. If broiling, line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the shrimp on the baking sheet. Broil shrimp in the middle of the oven until cooked, about 6 minutes or until opaque.
If grilling, cook shrimp over hot coals until opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Watch carefully so you don't overcook!
Drizzle juice sparingly over shrimp and serve with brown rice.