Hot Spinach Spread with Pita Chips
This spinach dip packs a little heat with the addition of fresh jalapeños and cumin. It's gooey, it's melty, it's perfect for dipping crispy pita chips. Enjoy!
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 pita breads (6-inches each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Meanwhile, cut each pita bread into eight wedges. Place in two 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pans. Combine the butter, lemon-pepper, cumin and garlic salt; brush over pita wedges.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp. Serve with spinach spread.
You'll also love
- Spring Frittata for Two 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Spiced Ginger Peach Jam 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Fillet of Beef au Poivre 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Kielbasa Cornbread 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Harvest Salad with Apple Cider... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheese Fondue Melting Pot Cheddar... 3.9/5 (45 Votes)
- Oven-Fried Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Caprese Arugula Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)