Pineapple Rum Cupcakes
- 1 vanilla bean split and scraped, seeds reserved
- 4 ounces of white rum
- 14 ounces of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 ounces of butter, room temperature – unsalted
- 5 eggs – room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 13.5 ounces of all purpose flour – sifted
- 11 ounces coconut milk
- 1 cup of pineapple – diced into small cubes
Adapted from feedingethan.com
The day before you plan on baking. Combine the rum and vanilla bean together in a small pot. Bring to a boil, shut off the heat, and cover. Steep overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Put aside.
Combine the sugar, butter and reserved vanilla bean seeds in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer. Stop to scrape the bowl down when needed. Mix for approximately 5-7 minutes until it’s well-incorporated, light and fluffy.
Turn the mixer down to medium low and while its running running, add the eggs and then yolk, one at a time, mixing after each until thoroughly combined.
Turn the mixer down to the lowest speed and add in the sifted flour a cup at a time.
Immediately add the vanilla rum mixture (remove the bean).
Slowly pour in the coconut milk.
Add the cubed pineapple and fold in with a spatula.
Fill the batter halfway into each muffin tin and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool before frosting.
Double Coconut Buttercream Frosting
1 cup of butter – room temperature
1/4 cup of coconut milk.
1/3 cup of shredded coconut.
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
With a handmixer, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and coconut until well combined.
Add the coconut and stir in by hand.
Apply generously to the cupcake and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Orange Pepper Steak 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Banana Bread in an Instant Pot 3.9/5 (74 Votes)
- Baked Cod with Garlic Mayonnaise 3.7/5 (138 Votes)
- Roasted Pineapple Rum Chicken 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Apple Crisp Cookies 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple and Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)