Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Delicious, creamy mashed potatoes! The wonderful thing about these mashed potatoes is they can be made ahead of time, then warmed in the oven when you’re ready.
- 5 pounds Russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 cups butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or tot taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces that are generally the same size. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 to 35 minutes. When they’re cooked through, the fork should easily slide into the potatoes with no resistance, and the potatoes should almost, but not totally, fall apart.
Drain the potatoes in a large colander. When the potatoes have finished draining, place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape, before adding in all the other ingredients.
Turn off the stove and add 1 ½ sticks of butter, an 8-ounce package of cream cheese and about ½ cup of half-and-half. Mash, mash, mash! Next, add about ½ teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt and ½ a teaspoon of black pepper.
Stir well and place in a medium-sized baking dish. Throw a few pats of butter over the top of the potatoes and place them in a 350°F oven and heat until butter is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
Note: When making this dish a day or two in advance, take it out of the fridge about 2 to 3 hours before serving time. Bake in a 350°F oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until warmed through.
You'll also love
- Deep-Dish Apple Pie 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Hot Buttered Rum Apple Pie Stuffed... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Crunch 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cuban Sliders 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bars 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Classic 5-Ingredient Corn Casserole 4.2/5 (19 Votes)