Homestyle Pot Roast (in oven bag)
A very good dish to serve for company or Sunday dinner, comfort food at its finest. Can be prepared the night before baking and refrigerate, if desired. Enjoy!
- 1 large oven bag
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1/2 pound beef chuck pot roast, boneless
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 whole baby red or 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 package peeled baby carrots, 8 ounces
- Parsley, chopped, optional
Heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
Shake flour in oven bag. Place bag in 9" x 13" pan with opening towards wide side of pan. Add water, soup mix and pepper to bag; squeeze to blend with flour.
Rub thyme and marjoram on both sides of meat. Add beef to bag. Turn bag to coat beef with sauce. Place vegetables in bag around meat. Close bag with nylon tie.
Cut six 1/2" slits in top of bag; tuck ends into pan. Bake 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until beef is fork tender.
Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.