Avgolemono Soup With Cod
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup minced onion
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 cups nonfat chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 pound cod cut 2" chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nonfat egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Chopped green onion - (1 to 2) for garnish
Saute garlic and onion over low heat in large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray until onion is tender and just beginning to brown around edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in broth and water. Bring to boil. Add orzo and cook until orzo is tender, about 12 minutes.
Reduce heat to low simmer. Stir in cod. Let steep until cod is opaque and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine lemon juice and egg substitute in small bowl. Add about 1 cup broth to egg mixture and stir all into soup. Heat over low heat and stir until soup thickens slightly, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in dill. Garnish with green onions.
This recipe yields 7 (1-cup) servings.
Each serving: 110 calories; 486 mg sodium; 22 mg cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 16 grams protein; 0.15 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Armenian Lamb Shish Kebabs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Rice Butternut Squash Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Walnut Raisin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tripoli-Style Spicy Fish -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Salmon With Asparagus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sow's Ear Baked Apple Pancake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit And Red Pear Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Scallops On Baby Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)