Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 3/4"-1" chunks, about 4 cups worth
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked paprika if you have it
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper. (If you don't line it, grease the pan liberally with extra olive oil.) Toss the potatoes with a couple tablespoons of oil and then sprinkle generously with the spices. Toss with your hands to make sure they are very well coated. Add about half of the cheese and toss well to distribute. Spread the potatoes across the prepared baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes. (Set a timer for 25 minutes.)
While the potatoes begin roasting, prepare the green beans. Toss them with a tablespoon or so of oil and then sprinkle them generously with the remaining spices. Toss with your hands to coat well. Add the remaining cheese and toss again to coat. After the potatoes have roasted about 25 minutes, remove from the oven. Add the green beans to the potatoes, stir with a spatula to combine and then spread them across the baking sheet.
Return to the oven and roast an additional 20-25 minutes. When the potatoes are tender and slightly crisp, remove from the oven. The green beans should be tender with a slight bite remaining. Enjoy!