Champagne Soaked Berries with Whipped Cream
Nothing quite says Valentine's day like delicious berries. This champagne soaked treat is the perfect way to end a decadent Valentine's Day dinner.
- 1/2 cup Champagne or other sparkling wine
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 amaretti cookies, coarsely crumbled
Cooking time 39mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Combine Champagne, 3 tablespoons agave, and rind in a large bowl. Add berries and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Place cream in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in remaining 1 tablespoon agave. Place 3/4 cup berry mixture in each of 8 bowls. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream. Divide crushed cookies among servings.