Glorious Carrot Muffins
Fresh ginger adds a tangy twist to these sweet and chewy carrot muffins. Whole wheat, ground flaxseed and rolled oats make them extra hearty.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup white grape juice concentrate
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from whattoexpect.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a standard-sized muffin tin with paper liners.
In large bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour, flaxseed, oats, and baking soda. Stir in nuts and raisins.
In medium bowl, combine juice concentrate, eggs, oil, vanilla, and ginger. Whisk to blend. Add the juice mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently just until the batter is smooth and well blended; do not overmix.
Gently fold in carrots. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Remove muffins from tin; let cool completely.
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days or individually wrapped in plastic wrap (and then in an airtight container or freezer bag) and frozen for a month.
You'll also love
- Ground Beef Stew 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Pork Chops in the Pressure Cooker 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Sliced Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Cabbage & Noodles with Bacon 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Beer Cheese for Soft Pretzels 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Scones 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Carrot Applesauce Bread 4.2/5 (52 Votes)