- 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese,divided
- Olive oil for frying
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Spray a 13x9x2" baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat oil in large skillet. Dip eggplant in egg then breadcrumbs. Fry in oil until lightly brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Place 1/2 of the fried eggplant into prepared pan. Top with 1/2 Parmesan and 1/2 mozzarella. Place down the remaining eggplant. Top with the marinara sauce, cover.
Bake for 35 minutes. Top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.