Ranchman's Steak Butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 6 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
In a small skillet or pan, toast minced garlic in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until just turning brown; do not burn. Add toasted garlic, chopped herbs, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to the pound of softened butter. Mix well. Divide seasoned butter in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap. Twist and tie each end of the plastic wrap to form 2 logs. Refrigerate until needed.
After grilling your favorite steak, place 1 or 2 quarter-inch thick disks of seasoned butter on top of each. Serve and enjoy.
Note: Butter logs can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month. Seasoned butter is great on chicken and seafood, too.