- 1 can salmon - (14 3/4 oz)
- Milk as needed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
Drain salmon, reserving liquid. Combine liquid with enough milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Beat egg yolk and combine with milk, salmon liquid and salt. Flake salmon.
Fill buttered 8-inch square baking pan with 1/2 of crumbs, then celery, flaked salmon and remaining crumbs. Sprinkle with paprika and melted butter. Evenly distribute milk-egg liquid over all and bake at 500 degrees until top is golden, about 20 minutes.
Beat egg white until stiff and fold in mayonnaise. Spread lightly and evenly over baked salmon. Return to hot oven (or place under broiler) until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Each serving: 307 calories; 862 mg sodium; 96 mg cholesterol; 17 grams fat; 19 grams carbohydrates; 20 grams protein; 0.25 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)