Fried Orzo With Vegetables And Basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions in 3/4" dice
- 1 cup orzo cooked al dente, rinsed - (abt 2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups zucchini in 3/4" dice
- 1 red bell pepper cut 3/4" dice
- Kernels from 2 ears corn (abt 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dried red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 tablespoons thinly-sliced basil leaves
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add orzo, stirring until hot, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper, corn kernels, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until zucchini is tender but still slightly firm, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in basil. Adjust seasonings. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 255 calories; 308 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 8 grams fat; 41 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams protein; 1.27 grams fiber.