Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse
- Graham Cracker Crumble
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 5 full sized crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cheesecake Mousse
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree (made from about 1 cup fresh or frozen whole strawberries)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (8oz) block cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 fresh strawberries, for garnish
Prepare the graham cracker crumble-
Crush graham crackers in a plastic bag. Crush crackers until the mixture still has some pea sized pieces (you do not need it to be all fine crumbs).
Put cracker crumbs in a bowl and pour melted butter on top. Add 1 teaspoon sugar, and stir mixture until crumbs are moist.
Spread mixture into a baking dish (such as a 9"x9" dish) and bake at 350*F for about 12 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Make strawberry puree-
In a food processor, or blender, chop/blend fresh or frozen (and slighly thawed) strawberries. Process until the berries are chopped, juicy, and no piece is larger than a pea.
Make whipped cream-
In the bowl of an electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar, and continue to whip until thick and holds stiff peaks. Move whipped cream to a separate bowl (if using bowl of elecric mixer).
Make cheesecake mixture-
In the bowl of an electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, and continue to beat. Add vanilla, then add strawberry puree, a little at a time. Continue mixing, and beat until fully incorporated.
Fold cheesecake mixture into the whipped cream, and stir gently until fully combined. Taste to check for sweetness. If needed, add an additional tablespoon or so of powdered sugar, and fold in gently.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumble into the bottom of 6 serving dishes.
Spoon or pipe (with a large piping bag, or large ziplock bag with a corner cut off) strawberry cheesecake mixture into dishes.
Top with fresh strawberries if desired.
Chill in refigerator for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve
Best when eaten the day it was made.
You'll also love
- Cube Steaks and Gravy with Carrots... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie WW 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dr. Fuhrman's Quick Banana-Oat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- D’Amico’s Dried Cherry Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb-Blueberry Jam - Annette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Raspberry Custard 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lychee Strawberry smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)