Chorizo Corn Bread Stuffing
- FOR CORN BREAD:
- 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- FOR STUFFING:
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 8 ounces spanish chorizo
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups turkey stock or reduced sodium chicken broth
FOR THE CORN BREAD:
Heat oven to 400 degrees with rack in middle and butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
Whisk together cornmeal flour sugar baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk together milk egg, and butter in a small bowl and stir into dry ingredients. Pour into buttered baking pan. Bake until golden and a tester comes out clean 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool corn bread in pan on a rack 10 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
Cut corn bread into 3/4 inch cubes and put in a large bowl.
FOR THE STUFFING:
Melt butter in a 12 inch heavy skillet over medium heat, then add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add chorizo, corn sage, salt, and pepper and cook stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove form heat and add parsley.
Toss chorizo mixture with corn and transfer to a 13x9 inch baking pan. Drizzle with chicken broth.
Bake at 400 uncovered, until golden brown about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Shells and Cheese (with Bacon and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vodka Cranberry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Cheese Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sausages in Beer 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornbread, Southwest 0/5 (0 Votes)