Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal and pumpkin are two of this author's favorite foods.
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cups Shortening
- 1 cup Raisins or Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Add and mix shortening. Stir until mixture is crumbly.
4. Stir in egg, pumpkin, oats, and raisins (or nuts).
5. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until ready.