Spicy Mexican Style Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced Mexican style tomatoes
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Pour water in baking dish and place the halved squash cut-sides down in dish. Bake 45-60 minutes until fork pierces the skin very easily.
Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Pour diced tomatoes over the onion mixture, season with basil. Place a cover on the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a simmer until the tomatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to strip flesh from the skin in strands. Add salt and pepper to squash. Stir squash and Parmesan cheese into tomato mixture. Replace cover on skillet and cook until squash is heated through, 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the dish to serve.
You'll also love
- Spinach Salad with Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sausages in Beer 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Butternet Squash,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp with Cilantro... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with... 0/5 (0 Votes)