Chickpea Tacos with Peach Salsa
These garbanzo bean tacos with peach salsa are vegan, healthy, and delicious. Baking the garbanzo beans in the spice mixtures gives them flavor and makes them the perfect taco filling for these Chickpea Tacos with Peach Salsa. Filled with the zesty flavors of cayenne pepper, smoky cumin, and paprika, these tacos are sure to satify your craving for delicious Mexican flavor.
- TACO SEASONING:
- Vegan corn based tortillas
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup extra ripe peaches, diced
- 1/3 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels, fresh, or canned
- 1/8 teaspoon olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from undressedskeleton.tumblr.com
Mix all of the spices together in a small bowl.
Carefully mix pepper and taco seasoning into garbanzo beans in a small bowl. Some will have more seasoning than the rest but they will still absorb the flavor and crunch with baking.
Preheat oven 400°F. Spread olive oil onto baking sheet and spread out the garbanzo beans onto the pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
In a small saute pan add peaches, corn, and tomato with 1/8 teaspoon olive oil. Heat on low until warm. Add the brown sugar and cook until dissolved. Make sure to buy brown sugar that doesn’t use bone char filtration to make them vegan.
Lay tortillas flat and evenly distribute the salsa, lettuce, and chickpeas onto each tortilla. Be careful when folding because the tortillas are very delicate. I had to eat mine with a fork.
You'll also love
- Beef Quesadillas 4.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Warm Shrimp & Escarole Salad 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Flaky Blood Orange Tart 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Skillet Pork and Cabbage 4/5 (3 Votes)
- DeTox Apple Cinnamon Water 4/5 (3 Votes)
- PEACH, PLUM, AND APRICOT CRISP 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Tapas: Green Lentil Spread 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler 4/5 (3 Votes)