Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Servings: 4 servings
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup is perfect for a cool evening or any evening for all you soup lovers! Serve this deliciously creamy soup with a side of your favorite bread for a hearty meal.
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans of tomato soup
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped or 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Sauté garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt. When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions. After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.