Open-Face Lobster Salad Sandwich
- 2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives or dill
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce plus
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- 4 cups cooked lobster in large chunks
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves ribs removed
- 8 slices brioche bread 3/4"-thick lightly toasted, and buttered
- 12 thick slices large tomato
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon, preferably
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice in 2-quart bowl. Add lobster and toss gently until mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Recipe can be made to this point and refrigerated for a few hours before serving.)
Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 pieces warm brioche toast. Put 3 slices tomato on each piece of lettuce. Spoon lobster salad on tomatoes, pressing down slightly. Top each with 2 bacon slices.
Serve immediately. Serve an extra piece of warm brioche toast on the side for those who may want to make a closed sandwich.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 578 calories; 1,522 mg sodium; 117 mg cholesterol; 23 grams fat; 49 grams carbohydrates; 43 grams protein; 0.74 gram fiber.