- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture and cranberries to the egg mixture. Stir just until combined. If it seems dry, use your hands to complete the mixing as the dough comes together.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Divide in half and shape each piece into a 8" log. Place the logs 2-3" apart on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, and flatten each into a rectangle that is about 3" wide.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm and starting to crack on top. Transfer the logs to a wire rack to cool for about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 275°.
6. Place logs on a cutting board, trim the ends and cut each log diagonally into 12 even slices. Blace biscotti cut side down on the cookie sheet.
7. Return them to the oven for 15 mintues, then flip the cookies over and bake for another 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Yield: 24 biscotti
Nutrition (per serving): 86 calories, 14 calories from fat, 1.6g total fat, 23mg cholesterol, 31.5mg sodium, 21.6mg potassium, 16.5g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 8g sugar, 1.7g protein, 2.4 points.
You'll also love
- Veal Chops with Fontina 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Doc's Best Beef Jerky 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cooler Corn 3.9/5 (72 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Flank Steak 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Tart with Apricot Glaze 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Almost Homemade Lemon Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Elk: Peppered Grilled Medallions... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach, strawberry, banana & nut... 5/5 (1 Votes)