German Bratwurst Pork Sausage
This is a great homemade Bratwurst recipe made with pork. I love these sausages served with red cabbage and mashed potatoes with home made brown gravy.
- 4 1/2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons white peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chives
- 1/8 teaspoons vitamin c crystals ascorbic acid
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
Cut the pork shoulder and bacon into pieces that will fit into your grinder. Partially freeze and then grind the meat through the fine plate.
Using a pestal and mortar (or spice grinder) grind the coriander and white peppercorns until powdered.
In a stand mixer on low setting, mix together all ingredients for several minutes.
Stuff into hog casings.
Prepare according to your favorite recipe or heat for 15 minutes in nearly boiling water and grill.