Roasted Carrot And Garlic Soup
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice - (to 2 tspns)
Cut carrots into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on baking sheet with garlic and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 500 degrees 10 minutes.
Cut onion into six wedges. Add to carrots and garlic and stir to coat with oil. Roast until vegetables are very tender and slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
Put carrots, garlic and onion in blender with vegetable broth and puree until smooth, adding more broth if needed, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into saucepan and heat over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cream, if using, and lemon juice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 131 calories; 1,010 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 5 grams fat; 22 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 1.93 grams fiber
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (318 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (298 Votes)