SPINACH TOMATO TORTELLINI
- 12 ounces tortellini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and flour; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano, thyme and red pepper flakes, if using; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
Gradually whisk in heavy cream mixture and Parmesan, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine.
You'll also love
- Jamie Oliver's Smashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Vodka Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine with White Clam Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SPINACH DIP 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)