Cheese Tortellini w/Spinach, Peas, and Brown Butter
Don't put more tortellini in than the recipe calls for, no matter how much you are tempted to do so--they swell up and soak up the liquid!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 1 small bunch flat leaf spinach, thick stems removed, about 6 cups
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato
- 1 t finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 T fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Cooking time 25mins
Cook the tortellini according to package directions; add the peas during the last minute of cooking time.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook stirring frequently, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes, and cook, tossing occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and tomato begins to soften, 4-5 minutes more.
Add the tortellini, peas, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper to the skillet and toss to combine.
You'll also love
- Beef Enchilada Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Kale Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Cheese Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vodka Cream Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushrooms with Rigatoni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Skillet Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)