Peanut Butter Swirl Banana Bread
- 125 g butter, room temperature
- 200 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large soft bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
Adapted from simply-delicious-food.com
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and grease and line a loaf cake tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time and add the bananas and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in.
3. Place 1-2 cups of the batter in a smaller bowl then mix in the peanut butter.
Place the plain banana bread batter in the prepared tin then dollop in the peanut butter-flavoured batter.
4. With a knife or the back of a spoon, swirl the two batters together. Take care not to mix too much, you don’t want the batters to blend together completely.
5. Place the loaf tin in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the loaf is browning too much, simply place a piece of foil over it approximately 40 minutes in to the baking time.
6. Remove the baked loaf from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
Serve with lashings of butter.