Crab And Asparagus Bread Pudding
- 1 small bunch asparagus - (3/4 lb)
- Salt to taste
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 slices day-old sourdough bread, 1" thick
- 6 ounces cooked crab meat
- 1 bunch green onions minced
- 1/2 pound Jack cheese grated
Trim off tough ends of asparagus and discard. Cut asparagus spears diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Blanch in salted boiling water 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
Beat eggs, milk, cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste until well combined. Strain through fine strainer. Pour 1 cup egg mixture into bottom of 2-quart shallow baking dish. Cover with layer of bread slices, trimming bread if necessary to make even layer. Distribute crab meat and 1/2 of asparagus, 1/2 of onions and 1/2 of cheese over bread. Cover with 1/2 of remaining egg mixture. Repeat with another layer of bread, remaining green onions and remaining asparagus. Cover with remaining egg mixture and remaining cheese. Let stand 10 minutes to allow bread to absorb some of liquid.
Bake at 350 degrees until center is set and top is slightly browned, about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 786 calories; 1,494 mg sodium; 392 mg cholesterol; 40 grams fat; 60 grams carbohydrates; 45 grams protein; 0.98 gram fiber
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Crab Dip 4.5/5 (123 Votes)