CHICKEN MARSALA - go to recipe
Rate this recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- 1 1/4 lb. chicken cutlets, pounded until
- 1/4 " thick (about 8)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. flour
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in 1/3 cup flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. butter in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add chicken, and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. butter, and then add mushrooms; cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to plate with chicken, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet, and then add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring, until soft, about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining 1 tbsp. flour; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Marsala and stock; cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pan until slightly thick, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining butter.
- Season with salt and pepper; garnish with parsley, if you like.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in 1/3 cup flour
Heat 2TBS oil and TBS butter in 11" skillet over medium-high heat