Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
These pumpkin cupcakes are a recipe that both adults and kids will enjoy! I recommend freezing or chilling the frosting a bit to get a better consistency.
- 1 1/2 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger for 20 seconds, set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, whisk together granulated sugar with brown sugar until no lumps remain.
Add canola oil, set mixer with paddle attachment (one that scrapes the bowl is preferred otherwise stop and scrape bowl occasionally throughout entire mixing process) and blend mixture on medium speed until well combined.
Mix in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in pumpkin and vanilla.
With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined, then stop mixer and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and fold batter to ensure it is well blended.
Divide batter among 12 paper lined muffins cups, filling each about 3/4 full and adding a heaping 1/4 cup batter to each well. Bake in preheated oven 20 - 24 minutes until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in muffin tin several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar and whip until light and fluffy
Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes then store in refrigerator in an airtight container. Bring nearly to room temp before serving.
You'll also love
- Campbells Fiesta Chili Beef Soup 3.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Ice Cream 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic Crispy French Fries in an... 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Turnips in an Instant Pot 3.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Garlic Rosemary Monkey Bread 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Spicy Sausage 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheddar and Zucchini Frittata 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Spider Web 7-Layer Dip 4.5/5 (6 Votes)