Black Bean & Corn Quesadilla
A Skinny Mom recipe - excellent
- Optional toppings*:
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped + divided
- 1 cup tomato salsa, divided
- 4 - 9 " La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious™ Low Carb, High Fiber Tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- lime wedges
- tomatoes, diced
- Optional ingredients are not included in the nutritional calculations.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
Combine beans, corn, cheese, ¼ cup cilantro, and ¼ cup salsa in a bowl.
Place tortillas on a large baking sheet or platter.
Spread filling on half of each tortilla (a little more than ⅓ cup on each).
Fold tortillas in half, pressing to flatten.
Add oil to large frying pan and brown tortillas on medium-low heat until cheese is melted, flipping once, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Or grill on T-fal OptiGrill on the sandwich setting.
Repeat until all tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Slice in halves and top with remaining fresh salsa, cilantro, avocado and any other toppings of your choice.
You'll also love
- Turkey Biryani 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Yellow Squash with Sausage and... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Sweet Potato Hash 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Rice & Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Oven Roasted Corn 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Soft Shell Chickpea Taco 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Freezer Meal for the Slow... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)