Butterscotch Apple Crumble
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package butterscotch pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, sliced 1/8-inch
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from dessert.food.com
1 Heat oven to 375°F
2 Combine all ingredients except apples and ice cream in large bowl.
3 Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (2 to 3 minutes).
4 Combine apples and 1/2 cup crumb mixture in greased 2-quart baking pan
5 Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
6.Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are fork tender.