Pumpkin Roll Bars
Pumpkin Roll Bars with a cream cheese layer and hints of cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. A great treat for both kids and adults alike!
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can pumpkin, 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and water until well blended.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin and butter mixture and combine until well blended. Spread about 2/3 of the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter. Dollop the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese batter and spread out as evenly as possible. Use a table knife to swirl together the cream cheese and top layer of pumpkin batter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the pumpkin batter springs back when touched. Cool completely in pan, then cut into bars.
You'll also love
- Baked French Toast Muffins 4.5/5 (95 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops 4.5/5 (104 Votes)
- Apple Pie Filling 4.4/5 (107 Votes)
- Chili's Copycat Presidente... 3.8/5 (185 Votes)
- Chilli Rellenos 4.2/5 (153 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Corn Bread Casserole 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Summer Pasta With Zucchini,... 4.1/5 (176 Votes)