Lobster and Scallops Brazil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped, cooked lobster meat
- 4 sea scallops
- 1 pineapple cut in half
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of nutmeg and cayenne
Adapted from facebook.com
With a melon baller, scoop the pineapple halves from their shells to make pineapple bowls. Mulch the chunks in a food processor. Set aside. Bake pineapple bowls in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and discard extra juices.
Meanwhile melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Sautee 1 cup of wild rice for 1 minute, then add 1 15-oz can of chicken broth and cook rice according to package instructions.
Melt butter in a large skillet; blend in flour then gradually stir in half-and-half. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks; return to hot mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the cooked lobster, wine, lemon juice, season with nutmeg, cayenne, and salt; heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
Season scallops with salt, pepper, and parsley. Cover and sautee in olive oil on high flame until browned on 1 side, flip and cook 2 minutes more.
Fill pineapple bowls with pineapple mulch topped with wild rice. Add lobster mixture. Arrange scallops along both sides of the pineapple bowl.
You'll also love
- Autumn Pumpkin Bread with Pecan... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Dumpling Cobbler 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sunset Orzo with Spanish Shrimp 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Seafood Gumbo 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lobster Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits 4.5/5 (20 Votes)