Clay Baked Corned Beef with Red Cabbage
The whole family will enjoy this delicious corned beef and cabbage. I love a recipe that combines a main dish and a side in one!
- 3 pound corned beef brisket
- 1/2 large red cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from meredithlaurence.com
While you soak the baker, prepare the corned beef by placing it in a large stockpot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, drain and discard the water. Fill the pot with fresh water and bring to the boil again. Drain again and dry the corned beef brisket.
Toss the cabbage, onion, apple, bay leaves, sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper together in a large bowl and transfer to the clay baker. Pour in the red wine.
Place the corned beef brisket on top of the cabbage. Mix the honey and mustard together and brush this on the corned beef. Cover with the lid.
Transfer the clay baker to a COLD oven and turn the oven on to 350º F.
Bake for 2 hours without opening the lid or the oven door. The internal temperature of the brisket should be around 185ºF when fully baked. Let the brisket cool for 10 to 15 minutes and then slice against the grain and serve with the cabbage.
You'll also love
- Sara's Sunday Pork Tenderloin with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Moroccan Cornish Game Hens 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Applebee's Cheese Chicken Tortilla... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Reboot - Meal - Roasted Acorn... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Pork With Quinoa 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Tenderlion and Dijon Greens 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)