Coconut Pineapple Bread
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 1 cup of the coconut on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes; set aside. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low, and alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
4.Using a rubber spatula, fold pineapple and toasted coconut into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes (cover pan with foil halfway through so the top of the bread doesn't burn).
6. Remove bread from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
You'll also love
- Tex-Mex Beef Enchiladas 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesecake Factory's Carrot Cake... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- JC's cheesy potatoes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Fig Toasties 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pineapple Rosé Sangria 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pineapple Angel Food Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut-Cream Cheese Sheet Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cookies - Coconut Oatmeal Cookies... 4/5 (2 Votes)