Mini Kale & Parmesan Quiche
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. kale
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Adapted from walmartlivebetter.ca
Preheat oven to 350F. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until translucent, about 3 min. Add kale and coat with onion mixture. Cover and allow kale to wilt until the tough stems are tender, 6 to 8 min.
Remove kale from pan and place it in a food processor. Process until it has the texture of a fine pesto.
Cut each sheet of phyllo into four equal-size squares. Layer phyllo squares, one by one, into four large ramekins, brushing each layer of pastry lightly with oil. (Keep phyllo sheets between two moist dishtowels to prevent them from drying out when you’re not actually working with them.)
Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, then cheese and mix until blended. Add kale and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture into ramekins, leaving about 1/4 in. at the top. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake in centre of oven for 30 to 35 min, or until firm. Remove baking sheet and allow ramekins to cool before serving to little hands.
You'll also love
- PORK CHOPS & STUFFING MIX--Nancy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pink Applesauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Root Vegetables &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Chickpea Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Kale-Mushroom Calzones with... 0/5 (0 Votes)