Whipped Lemon Pudding
- 1 package firm low-fat tofu - (12.3 oz) drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly-grated lemon zest
- 2 egg whites
- (or 1/4 cup sterilized egg whites)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Fresh grated lemon zest
Beat tofu in food processor or electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat egg whites to soft peaks in large bowl using whisk or electric mixer. (Note that the egg whites are not cooked; to be absolutely safe, use sterilized egg whites instead.) Gradually beat in sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold tofu mixture into egg whites.
Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with grated lemon zest if desired. This pudding can be made up to a day in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Makes about 3 cups or 4 servings.
Each serving: 93 calories; 97 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams protein; 0 fiber
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)