Chicago-style Pan Pizza
from All Recipes Magazine
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 dF. Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Gently stretch.
2. Crumble sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over dough crust. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly.
3. Heat oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and onion, and cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, salt, fennel seeds, and garlic powder. Spoon over mozzarella. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
4. Bake for 25-35 minutes in preheated oven, or until crust is golden brown.
Per Serving: 578 cal; 27g fat (11g sat fat); 32g protein; 47g carb; 5g fiber; 1816mg sodium; 61mg chol