Irresistible Rainbow Cookies
- 3/4 C. Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C. Crisco Shortening
- 1 1/4 C. Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3 T. Milk
- 1 T. Vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 t. Salt
- 3/4 t. Baking Soda
- 1 C. M&M's
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine Peanut Butter, Crisco, Light Brown Sugar, Milk and Vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Beat at medium speed of mixer until well blended.
4. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
5. Combine Flour, Salt and Baking Soda. Add to creamy mixture slowly.
6. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Variation: Flatten slightly. This can can be done in 2 different ways. 1. Press down slightly with your hands or 2. Oil the bottom of a glass and press down slightly.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
8. Cool for 2 minutes on a baking sheet before removing to kitchen countertop.
9. Stir in M&M's and bake for 6-7 minutes.