- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds veal shoulder boned, rolled, and tied
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups water
- (or 1 cup water and 1 cup white wine)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add veal roast and brown over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes total. Add garlic and onion. Cook 5 minutes, until onions soften. Add water, wine if using, salt and pepper to taste, then bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Remove pan from heat and let cool in cooking liquid. Then remove roast and dice.
Strain liquid and use to make white sauce, adding enough milk to make 3 cups if making Creamed Veal Filling (see Cream Puffs With Creamed Veal Filling recipe). Juices may also be used to make gravy to be served with slices of the roast.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Duck Soup (Mock Czarnina) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)