Fiesta Tomato Soup
- 32-ounce container roasted tomato-pepper soup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup clamato or tomato juice
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced finely
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Pinch kosher salt
- Few drops hot sauce, such as Tabasco or habanero
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt (optional)
Place soup, cumin, chili powder, pepper and juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering 5 to 8 minutes to blend flavors.
For pico de gallo: Mix diced tomatoes, onion and cilantro in a small bowl. Season with salt and hot sauce to taste.
Slice avocado into quarters, then into fans. If desired, place sour cream in a small zip-seal bag and cut off a tiny corner of the bag. Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Carefully place an avocado fan on top of each and garnish with pico de gallo. Drizzle each with sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.