Whole-Grain Zucchini Apple Bread
Like most quick cakes, this recipe can be mixed up and taken out of the oven in less than an hour! It's also extremely adaptable - you can try many different types of apples and raw honey. A dark buckwheat honey imparts a slight molasses flavor, while a light wildflower honey accentuates the fruity flavor of the apples. Top your slice with a smear of nonfat Greek yogurt and you've got quite a substantial snack.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup apple, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from cleaneatingmag.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mist an 8 x 4-inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together apple, zucchini, egg, yogurt and honey. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until just combined.
Spread batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- MAPLE PUMPKIN SPICED OVERNIGHT OATS 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Pine Nut & Feta Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- New Potato and Turkey Skillet 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Corn & Cod Chowder 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Honey Peaches 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Jam 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Jam and Orange... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)